
This is a very selfish post, I know, but I'm feeling wronged here. My mom never let us have dogs-she didn't like them. So now that I'm married and have my own house, I want a dog! Kurtis is allergic and wants an outside dog. Well, you can't have those here unless they are huskies because it's SUPER cold in the winter. I would feel so bad for the poor thing and am not having it live in the garage all winter. That's 6 months!! Anyway, we have friends who have a rat terrior. Max is his name and he's soooo sweet and great with their kids. He's short-haired and doesn't really shed. Kurtis never has a problem when we're over there. So I've been looking for dogs in the paper and found rat terrior puppies for $50!! I even called the lady and wanted to schedule a time to come see them. I consulted Kurtis first (like a good wife) and he struck the idea down saying the dog would be bored all day while we were at work. Dogs are dogs, they do dog things all day. That's their life. It would be fine! Once I stay home with a kid we can get a dog he says. :( I want a doggie. I never got one. Kurtis had 3 dogs growing up. I feel neglected and am trying to make up for lost time. So if you would be so kind as to tell Kurtis how much we should get a dog.. I'd appreciate it. :)
4 comments:
so did you get one or not? Dogs are wonderful and even I love our dog! they do fine all alone all day!
you Gillmans and your "never had a dog sob stories!" Mark just asked me last week if we'll ever get one. I'm not sure who to side with on this one Jules!
I vote for DOG!!!!
Dogs are amazing, truly such a blessing in our life. We got two so that while we were at work they would have eachother and wouldn't get depressed or upset. Although if you are going to have children - which you are ;) then you don't want an outside dog. Because they will be too hyper and nock you over every time you go outside. Also puppies are babies and I suggest going to the pound and getting a 3 yr old or two that have already been house broken and trained. There are such amazing dogs at the pound! Anyway ... that's my two cents ;) I am so much happier with the dogs, I was so lonely and depressed without them. That was a piece of my life that I desperately needed.
Post a Comment