It doesn't feel like May.. or maybe it does. We got some frost the other night and it's in the 40s as it is planning on raining all week. This puts off my garden planting for a few days. Oh well, both Sarah and I have a little case of the sniffles and I'm more than happy to stay inside and turn the furnace back on. For journaling purposes, let's recap the month of April since I posted nothing about it! It was just way to exciting..hahaha.
...I'm actually drawing a blank for events.. sad!
well, I suppose the most memorable thing is that Sarah is taking some steps and is starting to do it unsolicited. She's way wobbly but it's adorable and she think's she's hot stuff.
We've done some work in the yard, namely getting our garden plot ready to go. I'll post pictures when we actually plant it. I'm excited to have fresh veggies but nervous because everything I plant dies, gets eaten by rabbits or blown over by the wind. No joke. Hopefully a fence, better weather and sheer luck will let something grow even if it is only giant zucchinis.
Kurtis went on a weekend scouting leadership training for 3 days while I got to see an old friend from high school who was in MN. Kurtis is planning for their upcoming high adventure canoe trip with the scouts this summer. They're going up to the boundary waters. He's soooo excited!
Can I just vent for a minute about the mass exodus of people from our ward at church? Over the past year, we've had over 100 people (including children) move from our ward for lots of reasons. I know residencies end and people move.. but come on! Watching the primary go from almost 60 to 20 is pretty sad. Also having some good friends move has been hard. And the feeling that you're being left behind to hold things together is no fun.. but we'll make it and things will be fine. We're just being pruned for extra growth in the future right? sigh...
I guess in other news, we've decided to stay in Rochester and completely Kurtis's MBA at the local University of Minnesota campus. It's still an accredited program and allows him a good education that IBM will most likely fund. This means we'll be here at least 2 more years, possibly 4. We're excited to not have to move and deal with that stress and to get going on our future! Kurtis has started a new position at IBM and is liking it more than his last one. He's working more with pricing government contracts and has great potential to move up. We're very grateful for this.
This is her Easter dress and bunny her neighbor got her. She adores that thing!
2 comments:
Congratulations on the MBA program. I'm sure it will be way nice to not have to look for another house.
I LOVE the pics of Sarah!! That quilt looks amazing.
Post a Comment