2013

2013

Friday, September 10, 2010

Sarah doesn't like canoeing


We found out. We went out last weekend and it was a bit cool, but still beautiful. I think Sarah was scared by the unstability of the boat but we survived. She's been on other boats and liked them.We also found a monarch caterpillar that we adopted... probably illegal but, as a science teacher, I've raised a ton of these things! It's healthily in it's pupa or chrysalis as we speak. We actually  got to watch it change.
She spent most of the trip this way
Or trying to walk back and forth between us. She was foiled by the bar in the middle. It was very distressing for her.

Our new friend
Henry the IX, Kurtis named him
The best part of the trip was playing down this ramp to the dock. She lovedd it.

2 comments:

Christy said...

Hey , it is really the lifevest they don't like I've learned. So don't give up the boat! :)
cute new friend. Glad sarah didn't eat him.

Lina said...

Yay for canoing! You guys are awesome! We miss you tons, wish we could see you more often. Tell Kurtis I said HI! And tell Sarah that she has the most adorable cheeks I just want to kiss them.